Comment on page
Vote for ICON validators
Staked ICX includes the power to participate in ICON's voting system. In order to secure the network, traditionally-staked ICX requires you to vote for ICON validators ('nodes' that verify transactions for the blockchain). ICON validators earn ICX based on the number of votes they receive, and if you don't vote, you won't earn staking rewards.
Voting is optional for sICX, but many prefer to exercise their power to support validators who build out the ecosystem or share rewards with voters. View Validator incentives to see the specific incentives each validator has to offer.
You can delegate votes to ICON validators using sICX and/or bOMM:
- sICX: Manage the delegation preference for sICX held in your wallet.
- bOMM: Influence the default delegation for unmanaged sICX, and the percentage of ICX validators earn from the protocol fee.
- 1.Set the list to view sICX or bOMM votes, then click Edit above 'Your delegation'.
- 2.Enter the percentage you'd like to delegate to each validator (must equal 100%).
- 3.Click Confirm and complete the transaction.
sICX and bOMM votes are separate, so bOMM holders will be offered the option to use the same delegation for both lists before they complete the transaction.