Participate in governance
To view all proposals submitted on Omm, go to the Vote page.
Click a proposal to view a short summary of the changes, then review the forum discussion to gain a full understanding of the changes.
If the voting period is active, you can vote:
Each vote will be open for 5 days, and your voting weight is based on the amount of bOMM you had when the vote began.
For a proposal to be approved, at least 20% of bOMM needs to vote, and 66.67% need to be in favour.
If you want to make changes to Omm, start a discussion on the forum to validate your idea, then submit a proposal for bOMM holders to vote on.
To submit a proposal, you'll need to pay a fee of 1,000 OMM and have at least 0.1% of the total bOMM in your wallet. If the proposal is approved, the fee will be returned to your wallet. If it's rejected, the fee is sent to the DAO Fund.
If you have an idea for a proposal:
- 2.Receive feedback from the community and adjust your proposal if necessary.
- 3.Submit your final proposal under the OIPs (Omm improvement proposals) category.
Go to the Vote page on Omm and click ’New proposal’. Then:
- 1.Choose a proposal type: Text or Contract.
- 2.Enter a title of up to 100 characters. It should lead with the OIP number, and be as clear and concise as possible (e.g.
OIP3: Increase the borrow limit to 75%).
- 4.Add a summary of up to 500 characters to the Description field. Note that formatting will be ignored.
- 5.For Contract proposals: Choose a smart contract to interact with and the method to call, then enter the values you'd like to use for the parameters.
- 6.Click Submit, then pay 1,000 OMM to complete the transaction.
Your proposal will be added to the Vote page, and voting will begin immediately.
You can use the Contract proposal type for actions that require smart contract interaction. For example, you can create a proposal to transfer OMM from the DAO Fund to a specific wallet. Once approved, anyone can enact it to trigger the distribution of assets.
The parameters vary depending on the smart contract and method you choose.
- _value: The amount to transfer, x 10^18 (i.e.
- _address: The wallet or contract address to transfer assets to.